- How do environmental cues, such as metabolism, regulate cardiac structure and function?
- What regulates fibroblast activation?
- What do fibroblasts do during heart failure?
- How do fibroblasts interact with leukocytes in the failing heart?
- How do leukocytes interact with the extracellular matrix during heart failure?
- What biomechanics changes occur during heart failure and how are such changes regulated?
- What are the structural consequences of physical activity on the heart?
- How does physical activity alter cell function in the heart?
- How can insights from physical activity be applied to the failing heart?
- Can physical activity be used as an intervention in heart failure? If so, how does the benefit occur?
Other Areas of Interest
- Cardiovascular aging
- Cardiohepatic interactions
- Risk factors (such as diabetes) in the development of disease